Tuesday 8 July 2014

Battlescars


Ok, Ok. This blog was started to follow the peregrinations of Sir Hodgkin who had dared enter our home and lives. It is almost a year since that fateful day and for those of you who have been faithful followers, we went through some tough times. It has also been a journey of discovery and understanding of cancer itself and the multitude of 'cures' proffered and their true worth. I have shared all this in this blog. As writing is a catharsis for me, I also shared many personal events and non events and thank you all for bearing with me.

What I realise today is somewhere along the way the overbearing and frightening presence of the lymphoma was not only cut to size but somewhat vanished from every one's  minds as Ranjan grew healthier and better by the day! And more so after we stopped the chemo nightmare and switched to a mix of approaches based on my intuition. So his treatment includes Tibetan medicine, a vegan organic diet, cannabis leaves and seed oil, apricot kernels and soursop tea. I guess that is about it but it could change should I stumble upon some new element. I do think I have become quite an expert at cancer and the treatments offered as I have crawled the web better than any search engine! We also have added coconut oil for the brain and super foods like chia seeds, quinoa, goji berries, hemp milk (home made) and more.

So as I was saying almost everyone seems to have forgotten the bad times, except me who still watches for signs should Sir Hodgkin decide to sneak in any crevice that may have been left unplugged.

You wonder why I entitled this post battle scars. Well first of all if you look at the picture well you will see band aid on Ranjan's face. This has nothing to do with the big C but is the result of being hit by a golf ball in South Carolina. You guessed right. Ranjan is back to his normal activities which include golf jet setting. He is out again in August to Thailand.

The only I have to pick with him is that he has become lazy and hence put on weight and has not got back to a healthy exercise pattern. I have been trying to explain to him that exercise is as much part of the protocol as food. So the big guns are out and the yoga teacher will come from tomorrow and we will have some serious breathing exercises as well as yoga.

There are other battle scars and those are mine, the one who waged her biggest battle against an enemy that had taken away too many loved ones. These scars will never leave as they ensure my constant vigil and my ultimate victory. So help me God!


No comments:

Post a Comment