Friday 23 May 2014

No news is....

It has been a long time since I gave an update about Ranjan. You guessed right: no news is good news! So why am I writing today. Simply because yesterday we got some blood work done and got the results which are good. The haemoglobin is up, the platelets and WBC abundant and the kidney and liver are both going great shakes. Now we need an ultrasound done which I hope will confirm the trend. Not writing did not mean that I had stopped worrying. Far from that. The difference was that I worried in silence and surreptitiously. Not easy I must confess.

To illustrate this post I took a selfie, something I have not quite embraced but I wanted all to see what we look like now. Ranjan seems to like his rugged look that I am forced to get used to. And I have accepted the wrinkles as battle scars. I guess we are both ready to take on the next chapter.

Ranjan has just come back from a 5 day golfing trip to Thailand and in spite of the hectic schedule and lots of cheat food days he seems fit. It will now be harder to convince him to strict to his regimen.    I guess he have more ammunition and precedents to cite. But have mine and am ready to take on the cudgels for this fight that means more than life to me.

Soon my grandson will be here so we all will get our feel good shots and will overdose with alacrity and impunity. 

1 comment:

  1. Let's hope this trend continues and you can smile and cry and do whatever you feel like. Love Em xxx

    ReplyDelete