Wednesday 19 February 2014

Off with her head

Off with her head said the Queen of hearts to Alice! Today I feel like Alice in more ways than one. I need to pen my emotions or else they will gnaw at my soul and may leave indelible scars, scars I do not accept as I did not wrong. But scars there will be in the hearts of those I love while I stand helpless. Could it have been otherwise, I do not know. Hindsight is always twenty-twenty but sadly not in my case. Were I given a second chance I could not have done things otherwise. And in the words of  Sophocles, Oedipus Rex: I have no desire to suffer twice, in reality and then in retrospect.

Mine was a real Cornelian dilemma, an inner conflict forcing me to make a choice. However in my case there was no real choice as mother I was. The consequences were mine to bear however difficult, painful or ugly. Today was the final blow: off with her head said the Queen and I as Alice did obey!

No comments:

Post a Comment