Wednesday 22 January 2014

Fly Ranjan fly


Some of you, of my vintage at least, would remember the Silver Convention and their hit song Fly Robin Fly up up to the sky! I remembered this tune when I sent Ranjan off this morning to Kolkata where he has a business meeting. He will be back tomorrow late night. This is a big step after the almost decadent life we have been compelled to live courtesy Sir Hodgkin, but also because it was appealing with the cold winds blowing and the delicious comfort of our electric blankets purchased this year and that turned the bed into a real cocoon. At first it was a bit awkward and one felt sort of guilty lying in bed, I mean me as Ranjan was truly unwell, but with time it became a habit. 66 days is all it takes for something to become a habit! This bed became virtually home.

This extremely decadent picture was taken a few days back when one of Ranjan's two best friends came to spend two days. The weather Gods decreed that this was the only place as it poured and became extremely cold.

But the Robin had to fly, I mean Ranjan! So this morning at 5am he left the house and I just received a call that he has landed safely. I am so relieved. The last 2 days were tense as I was planning to figure out how I would pack his medicines and supplements and more than that what he would eat. I spend hours briefing him, kudos to him for not having given me a whack.

I guess the control freak has to give in a little as Ranjan has to live a normal life, but I am still scared. The last results were better but two tumour markers were still somewhat above the acceptable minimum. I will have to find some coping strategy that allows me to keep a hawk like eye without Ranjan feeling watched.

But I am thrilled he has gone for a night to attend to his business. I am sure he will be back empowered and energised.

1 comment:

  1. The first step towards something like normality - the break will do you both good, I'm sure - a chance for you both to spread your wings a little.
    Love and hugs, Irene

    ReplyDelete