Sunday 19 January 2014

The way the cookie crumbles

Apologies for this post being about yours truly but I guess some of you out there do care about how I am doing and I must admit, albeit sheepishly, that I am in need of some TLC. For quite some time now I have been wondering if, when and how my adrenaline crash would happen. I had thought that it would be emotional and mental. Seems I was wrong. My mind is still travelling at the speed of light and rearing to give that one way ticket to the moon to Mr Hodgkin. There is no doubt on that. My battle to get Ranjan's immune system back on the track is spot on. No change there. But it is my darned body that has decided not to cooperate. First there was stress colic that was so bad that they needed an injection to calm down. Now my back has decided to play up. Excruciating pain that again needed a shot yesterday but is back this morning with a vengeance!

Those who know me, are aware of the fact that I can stand any attack at the emotional level but am a wimp when it comes to physical pain. Moreover courtesy my back I am unable to sit for long hence cannot indulge in my favourite stress buster: writing! But that is not all. With this back issue it is has been bye bye to my fix of happy hormones as no treadmill! Grrrr! This is infuriating.

The back, according to good old Doc P is not a backbone issue, but a muscular one. As pain killers and anti inflammatory pills have not worked I guess it will have to be physiotherapy. What a pother! It is time consuming and irritating. Anyway has to  be done.

Before I end, a little word about the picture. In these days of selfies, I thought I would take the liberty of putting one of my favourite pictures of myself age 2! Th picture was taken in China in 1954 and is a good shot of the back that is paining!

No comments:

Post a Comment