Sunday 19 January 2014

I am falling apart

Ranjan's last results came in. His haemoglobin is now 11 and all the other results are good. You cannot imagine how happy I am. It has been a long battle as for over a year Ranjan's haemoglobin had not touched 2 digits. At one point it dipped to 7 and we had to transfuse him! So you can imagine my elation when I saw the number 11! And that too without any booster shot. I can never forget the day when he came to me after taking is weight that had  dropped to 68 kilos and telling me: I am falling apart. My heart skipped many beats as I swore to myself that I will do everything I can and more to put my Humpty Dumpy back together again!

It has been along battle with many ups and downs. But today I know he is back together again and will remain so! True we are not out of the woods and cannot let down our guards but somehow I know that we will reach the end of the tunnel sooner than later. 

1 comment:

  1. It seems you are on the right track. It's wonderful news. with love, Irene

    ReplyDelete