Tuesday 3 September 2013

The nose and the hair

The nose and the hair, sounds like children's classic fable the turtle and the hare! But mine is no fable or moral story but a real one. Now Ranjan has a big nose many say; for me it is part of his charm. Ranjan has, or should I say had, abundant nose hair that often needed clipping. With all that is happening I did not realise that the hair once visible had vanished and completely forgot a friend of Parul's who had cancer recounting how losing the hair in her nose was a nightmare as the nose kept dripping. So here I am with a new unexpected 'side effect': a dripping nose. The first line of defence is obviously stocking the house with loads of packets of tissue paper. But there is one more worry: nose hair is also our first line of defence against harmful environmental pathogens such as germs, fungus, and spores, and with someone with low immunity that is a big one. So what now. Help Mr Google!

I have been busy searching the net because I really do not care about a dribbling nose, but the germs and spores frighten me to death as we live in a land where these abound and with the clogged rainwater drain in front of my house it becomes a real nightmare. And it is one of the side effects no one talks about! Some patient chat rooms talk about nose filters. I guess it looks like a good idea particularly when he decides to go out to crowded places. I have just discovered they are available in India so let me see how to get them!

I guess the next hurdle are the lashes. They protect the eye from debris. I guess a woman could use false eye lashes for cosmetic purposes but I do not see Ranjan doing that! And there seems to be no other option. I guess wearing his glasses would help with the dust, debris and insects. Will see when it happens!




No comments:

Post a Comment