Friday 13 December 2013

From Happy to Grumpy


Chemo 11 is over. It was not as bad as I expected. I guess compared to chemo 10 when Ranjan had high fever and terrible shivers, this one went on rather well. But of course he did not eat! He slept some and watched his Three's Company, a favourite TV show of his on his iPad. But as always he turned grumpy at the end of it as always. I do not know why I was reminded of Snow White's dwarfs!

Ranjan has always been the Happy one. For the past 4 decades I have rarely seen him in a bad mood, crotchety or churlish. If my memory is to be trusted I can only recall one incident where I saw his temper and I must say that I was the one responsible for his outburst. Anyone would have hit the roof. I can be infuriating at times. Those who know me well must be smiling!

Anyway for the past 6 months and for 11 times to be exact, Ranjan has turned from Happy to Grumpy in the span of a few hours during his chemos. To be honest, his Grumpy avatar is quite endearing though I wish he did not have to suffer the way he does. This lasts for the entire evening of chemo day till he sleeps. When he awakes he is back to his Happy self, though tired and miserable. Two days later he is his good old self and remains so for the next 10 days!

I will have to see one more Grumpy Ranjan on December 27th and then I will make sure that he remains Happy forever.



No comments:

Post a Comment