Tuesday 24 December 2013

I would again like to believe in Santa today

There was a time when I believed like many children in Santa Claus. I was recalling some memories yesterday with friends and remembered the one Xmas - must have been in 1961 or so in Rabat - when I was convinced that Santa existed. That was the year I decided to put the existence of Santa to test in my own childish way. That year I refused to write my letter to Santa with my parents who then normally took the missive away, presumably to post it to Santa. That year, in spite of my parents entreaties, I wrote my letter secretly, put it in an envelope and addressed it to Santa and put it in the post box next to my home. I eagerly waited for Xmas morning and surprise found everything I had asked for. Santa has passed the test with flying colours. You must be wondering how that happened. The answer is that I had used and Embassy of India envelope and some kind person at the post office I redirected my letter to the Embassy where it had found its way to Papa's table!

It would  take me a couple of years to realise that Santa did not really exist.

Today I would again like to believe in Santa. My letter to him would read something like this.

Dear Santa,

This letter is not from a child from an old woman who desperately needs to believe in someone who would make her wishes come true. Today I ask you not for toys or games. Neither do I want gold, frankincense, or myrrh.What I seek today is for you to give me back my husband's health and rid him forever of the ailment that is ravaging is body. Today I want you to show me a sign that all will be well sooner than later. This is all I need.

You only fill the stockings of children who have been good for a whole year. I promise I have done everything  I possibly could to deserve the gift I seek.

Please do not forget me!

Anou

December 24th 2013

Merry Xmas to all. May Santa fulfil all your wishes, no matter what age you are!

1 comment:

  1. I hope he's listening! with love, Irene

    ReplyDelete