Wednesday 25 December 2013

We have come a long way

In the past months, I have often wondered how long it will take for Ranjan to be well again. Seeing him every minute of every day made it impossible for me to assess the progress, and my benchmark were the innumerable tests that he had to undergo an their see saw results.

It is said, and quite rightly so, that one often does not see things around us unless there is a reason. Our room is filled with pictures of the family, but I rarely find myself looking at them, and as I have not been the one who dusts the room for as long as I can remember, the pictures sit there, their presence a comfort though one rarely looks at them closely.

This morning, I happened to look at the pictures behind me and was shocked to find one of Ranjan and Agastya taken in July, when Ranjan was just diagnosed of Hodgkin's lymphoma. I was horrified to see how terribly ill he looked. See for yourself.


I just could could not believe my eyes! Next to this picture, sat another one taken a month or so ago.


What a long way we have come. It was heartwarming to see the difference.This is the first time I actually realised that notwithstanding the counts and results, he was definitely better. And this is the first time I saw a glimmer of light at the end of the long dark tunnel I am in.

Is this Santa's miracle?

No comments:

Post a Comment