Monday 30 December 2013

Wisely, like good children

The door bell rang. It was a parcel for me. A surprise as I was not expecting anything. Normally the parcels I receive these days are various supplements for Ranjan and things like soursop leaves and hemp seeds! AsI had not placed any order, this parcel with German stamps was something out of the blue. I was excited and opened it and out came tumbling loads of chocolate bars and boxes of chocolate truffles. And above all they all had the word ORGANIC written on them! They were a Xmas treat from a wonderful and generous person whom I consider my child. She knew how much Ranjan and I love chocolate. In the packet was a lovely letter. There was also a note saying that she had read my post on how bad sugar was for Ranjan and left it to me to decide what to do. I was tempted to hide the packet from Ranjan but then I simply gave in. How could I keep this wonderful gift from Ranjan and then they were organic, so I guess that made them kosher.

But that is not all. These chocolates were not simply some bars taken off a shelf and sent off. Each one of them was laced with love and overflowing with good wishes and they could not in any way harm Ranjan. They had been lovingly packed one evening and were accompanied by a letter that was filled with all that is beautiful and good. These were not sugar laden titbits. They were an expression of love and goodwill.

I rushed upstairs with the letter and a packet of truffles, sorry organic chocolate truffles, and stuffed one in Ranjan's mouth. The surprise and delight in his eyes was worth the world and more. He looked like a little boy getting his favourite treat. It was a precious moment.

We will eat the chocolates wisely like good children. I think we both deserve this.

Bless you Claudia!

No comments:

Post a Comment