Sunday 15 December 2013

Of pinhole cameras, fibrous roots, quadrilaterals and Ashoka the Great

The last chemo has been nerve wrecking for all of us. It is as if a pall of giving up has descended on all of us.The next 10 days seem eternal and time as heavy as Baudelaire's lid. Mercifully my little bundle of sunshine and endless energy a.k.a Utpal has landed for hi winter break: one whole month. For me it is good augur as Popples has always brought me luck and joy. This time it has come in the form three whole pages of homework! From english to hindi via sanskrit and of course maths, science and all the other subjects a class VI child had to learn. We both hate homework, but cannot do anything about it. Normally we fight and make up and do the tasks amidst tears and laughter. But this time homework has come as a relief as it will help me fill up the 240 hours left before chemo 12.

I am not cheating as in many places in the homework sheets we find the phrase: you may take the help of elders whenever needed! This time the phrase will be turned on its head as it is the elder who needs the help. So in between all other chores that have now become habitual, I am Od'ing on home work. This will entail hours of net search for subjects I learnt more than half a century ago; it will mean making charts, and maps and drawings. It will mean downloading pictures, getting them printed and then making files. How blissfully therapeutic!

God his kind and merciful! This time he appeared in the form of homework! Never thought I would welcome this!

No comments:

Post a Comment