Saturday 5 October 2013

A daughter lands up

Now I am convinced. Sir Hodgin has more good side effects than bad ones. The latest was a huge surprise that stunned Ranjan and I. yesterday afternoon, I was in my office writing something when Shamika came back from work. From the corner of my eye I saw she was dragging a suitcase and smiling like a Cheshire Cat! I wondered what it was all about, got up to see who was there. It was CAT! (sorry for the pun). I froze as something was not quite right in what I was seeing. The lovely young lady that stood at my front door was supposed to be Leeds. Space and time were out of sync. But no there she was, a huge smile on her face and then in my arms. She had come all the way to be with us, to be there when we needed her most.

Who is Cat? A volunteer who came way back in 2009 and walked in our hearts forever. More so in Ranjan's heart as his third daughter. She calls him Pops! Her landing lifted the mood of the house and our hearts sand. Was she the sign I had been praying for, the one that would tell me that all would be well, it was just a matter of time.

For the next 2 weeks she will be here holding my hand, a hand she has held virtually through every problem big or small I have had since the day I met her. God makes up in ample measure for everything he takes away from us. Cat is the proof of that.

He Pops had a smile he could not get rid off. He was moved to tears and radiant with happiness. They could not stop holding hands and I felt an immense sense of gratitude I know I cannot never repay.

Thank you Cat!

Now a quick update on Sir Ranjan. He recovered from chemo 6 much faster than last time. He is in a great mood and ready to go shopping for party shoes today as the ones he bought online turned out to be the funny never ending shoes that are in fashion but that he hates. They were returned. Today we go shoe shopping!

La vie est belle.

1 comment:

  1. The best post I've read on the blog. I'm delighted that this lovely woman has walked back into your lives and brought smiles and joy. love, Irene

    ReplyDelete