Thursday 24 October 2013

Two little words: THANK YOU

Over the past three months when Ranjan was diagnosed with cancer, I decided to take start this blog to be able to cope with the stress, fears and all the emotions you feel when a loved one is diagnosed with the big C! My initial reaction was felt strange to me. Where were the tears, the recriminations, the anger! Why was I not reacting the way people often do. There are even support groups to help loved ones deal with such news. Yet I felt a sense of calm and a determination to win what I called my last battle.

Yet I needed some place to share the flood of emotions that would and could choke me. So I decided to bare my soul and write everything that happened. And this has been the best coping strategy I could come up with.

Today I am overwhelmed with the support and love I have got from people I know well, but also from people I have only met virtually.

Today I feel the need to express my gratitude for each one of you who has taken time of their busy schedules not only to read my meandering thoughts but also the leave a little note. I will not give out names but little clues and hope your recognise yourselves! So here goes. I need to say Thank you to: the beloved uncle who never fails to comment on every post in spite of all the challenges he faces; my friend from sunny Spain who never fails to leave a message of encouragement just as N, who remains anonymous; the white haired gentleman who makes it a point to read my posts and drops in when in town, my two wonderful rediscovered friends who wait for my morning email - by morning I mean 4.30 am - and should I forget to email them a worried message comes on my phone; the one I remember every time a see a crooked picture hanging on my wall; the one that made sure my toes are warm in winter, the one I have never met but who sent me books to read and the one I have met who sent me books to help me cope. And of course all the ones who take time to 'like' the FB posts! How can I forget the mother whose child is battling with cancer and who still found time to tell me to hold on! The one who sends me chocolates and the one who

I have received so many virtual hugs that I feel humbled, blessed and confident that I will win this battle.

I thank you all with folded hands, just like my grandson in this picture, and know that each of of you have been sent by the Almighty to hold my hand through this ordeal.

No comments:

Post a Comment