Sunday 20 October 2013

Just hold on a little longer

Just hold on a little longer..you are just 3 ft away from Gold..I have been through the same when my 8 years old son went through 9 sessions of aggressive chemo. Just one thing.. more than the chemo and the immune system working in favour of him, it is what he and you think about the treatment..whether its doing good or bad works the most. Just believe that every single drop of chemo..is working in his favour..you have the ability to change poison into medicine. These words sent by someone who has seen her child going through the nightmare of chemo felt like the words of a special Angel sent by God. I must admit I felt sheepish at all my recriminations and lamentations when I saw Ranjan under the weather. I guess the only excuse I have is love. The love I feel for this extraordinary man. But I would give it all up for the life of a little boy. Thank you for reminding me how deeply grateful I should be for every moment of my life. I pray this little boy recovers fully and gets all the happiness he deserves. Thank you Mahua for this beautiful message and God bless your little one.

I know I have been dilatory about my faith in chemotherapy. But as this brave mother says one should have the ability to change poison into manna from the Gods. I find myself regretting my obsessive Cartesian mind that is probably the reason why I resent so much the fact that doctors are never 100% honest. Maybe they feel that sharing the truth in palatable doses makes it easier to digest. But this does not work for me. I need the truth, even if it is scary and dreadful. How I wish I was an uneducated woman who accepted the words of the men in white with total faith bordering on adoration. But I am not. I need to know and I need to be given the right to decide.

I am meeting the oncologist for a one-to-one! Let us see what happens. I will be honest to the core. Let us see how far he walks with me.

2 comments:

  1. Yes sometimes u have to show the person sitting in front of u that u r stronger than u look... N

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you were that uneducated woman you mention, Ranjan would not be doing so well, as you would not have done all your detailed research for ways of supporting him through chemo. You are wise; you are strong; you are determined - just the kind of person anybody would wish for by their side. with love, Irene

    ReplyDelete