Friday 18 October 2013

Lace


Tomorrow we celebrate our 39th wedding anniversary!

Its is said that the 39th wedding anniversary gift is lace. It is an example of the beauty that comes from the intermingling and looping of thread. It demonstrates the artistry of the human spirit, and it is a timeless and classic illustration of winsomeness throughout time!

This is so true. Every day you wake up as a new person as you have been enriched by the experiences of the day before as every today becomes a new yesterday with its new tomorrow. Marriage is much the same if we see it that way. A friend use to say I fall in love with my wife everyday as she is a new person every morning. It is an illustration of winsomeness through out time!

40 is a milestone. 39 is the right time to look at the piece of lace you have woven together. No matter which way you look at it, it is perfect. True there have been times when a false move has created knots that seemed impossible to unravel yet you did, sometimes without realising it. There may have been some that made you shed tears of frustration before you got at them or even some where you were almost ready to cut the thread but you did not because something inside you compelled you to find a way, no matter how tortuous or confusing. You took a break, leaving the thread unbroken and then got back at untangling it once again. If there were some damage, only you could see it, it became invisible to others. The piece of lace remained beautiful because of a thread called love that endures all.

I realise today how much Ranjan has done for me and am grateful to God for having given me the opportunity to begin repaying him for being there for me even when I did not understand the extent of his silent love. Today I say with as much conviction as I can muster that if parents laid the foundations of my life,  Ranjan is the one who made me who I am. If he had not stood by me none of my so called ambitions or  silly dreams could have happened. I am not proud of not having seen things as they were, so blinded I was by my foolish aspirations. Not only did he not stand in my way but he reached out and helped me in his strong, silent, unobtrusive manner making sure I never fall.

We fell in love at first sight and today I find myself falling in love with him at every moment as I look at the ethereal beauty of the piece of lace we have woven together.


1 comment:

  1. Happy anniversary, you two. Your piece of lace is a thing of beauty. love and hugs, Irene

    ReplyDelete