Monday 28 October 2013

Breaking News

Breaking News! Ranjan played 9 holes of golf yesterday with his best friend and no cart! This is the most wonderful news I have got in months. Yes, yes I know the course is closed on Mondays but the B course is opened and for me it was the best day for him to go as there would be fewer people and thus less risk of infection. But the best news is that he played well (his friend said he beat him but I do not know if that is true) and came back happy and not tired. My mind goes back to the days when he use to come back from his game in a bad mood muttering that he would give up the game. Those were the days when we did not know what was wrong with him and he was tired and without energy. And then once chemo began he stayed indoors. I think we were both a big frightened of possible infections.

But we put our fears on hold and took the big leap. It was the best decision ever. Ranjan came back a different man. The fact that he hit a straight ball and did not go in the rough (so I was told) meant he had regained some of his strength. No one too any picture of the feat so the best I could do is find a picture of him and Agastya on the B course on a Monday!



1 comment: