Saturday 26 October 2013

The Sunday before chemo day

Sunday before chemo day! Normally a quiet and good day. Sunday after chemo day is usually bad so let us enjoy it as much as possible. Ranjan has decided the lunch menu: oily, sinful but organic poorie and aloos! (fried bread and potato curry) For me it is the normal visit to the beauty parlour for my weekly and only self indulgence. However this time there is an almost life changing or rather look changing decision: do I or do I not shave my nut. The bets are on and the views multiple. Perhaps I will go mid way and keep a fuzz on. Or maybe as my daughter says chicken out. All revealed by 11 am. Oops I forgot. Before the parlour I have to give Ranjan his first or three White Cell Boosting shot. That is what actually sets the chemo mood in motion.

After the oily lunch I will leave Ranjan to his idiot box and hopefully books and take a trip to Utpal's school to give him his new skates and a big hug. He is not coming home for Diwali. He will spend it with his new friends in his brand new school. I hope we meet some of them and I am sure I will have a good time as I jump of my whirling world for a few stolen moments.

So an exciting day.... more later!

No comments:

Post a Comment