Friday 26 July 2013

A very special day

It was a day I dreaded but the Gods were on my side and helped me all along the way. When you seek a miracle, it comes your way in the most incredible way, often putting you through a series of trials that may anger you.

When I came to know that cancer had entered by world again I was scared, angry and felt let down by the Gods I always prayed to, the ones my father told me never let us down.

I chartered a course that was in my opinion the best possible but things did not work and I was compelled to accept the way I liked least. I conceded defeat. What else could I do. The sight of big hospitals that look like five star structures are not what I like best.

The initial tryst was as I had expected: perfect but without heart and I am one who believes in the secret the Fox told the Little Prince in the wonderful book by St Exupery: here is my secret, a very simple secret: It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye. But seeing with your heart does not make good business sense.

I was dreading the 12 long days and other in between that would span 6 long months. How would I survive with those who only saw with their eyes.

But my miracle was in the waiting. It came in the form of a Little Prince (well not so little) who is a big doctor who plays around with toxic brews and finds the one that heals. As soon as he appeared I knew my payers had been answered.

True the toxic brew comes with its nasty acolytes.

I will take them on.

Because today I finally saw the hope I was so desperately looking for.




No comments:

Post a Comment