Wednesday 17 July 2013

After the show

Went to see the two docs.. one recommended by my lovely family doc P, humane, and willing to listen and the other the one who till now was all smiles, the one who performed the biopsy but then today looked through me as if I did not exist... his lackey told me I was no more 'his' patient as he was surgery and would have to meet medical oncology.. pass the parcel...  seduce it again and then let it fall in the trap. I am not parcel that has to be passed. I had gone there to find out the way forward and expected the doc who had treated us till then to at least explain what awaited us. Had I chosen to be a 'parcel' I would have gone to a State run hospital. This one was one of the best in town. It was definitely my final OK Ta ta to them! Exit this show!

But the nice doc had already gently told me what we needed to do and helped me understand each step, taking time to explain and giving me the time to process. There were no interruptions and the false sense of hurry that I had encountered earlier.

So here goes. We must do a bone marrow biopsy. Ouch. He did tell me it hurts a little. And then we start the chemo. It will not be the CHOP I thought and quite licked the acronym as it could have been the line of a new song: CHOP ZOZO but ABVD. 1 cycle every 15 days for 2 months. A quick search on the net showed it had the same side effects. We have no choice.

Earlier in the day I had gone to a Ayurveda Doctor with old friends or rather should I say the closest I have to MY family (my mama and papa) to get a magic powder Ashwagandha that would help boost the immune system and help with the side effects. It is quite a precious powder and my friend had to trudge to the boonies to get it for us. I was moved to tears but remember these are frozen! How wonderful people can be. I remember how this very person's wife held my father's hand whilst ma was dying of cancer. I know she is there for me and that makes things easier.

We have but a handful of days to feed R so that he can withstand the first administration then I will have to find out how to sustain him during the bad days.

I have work to do. Thank God for that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment