Saturday 27 July 2013

Day 1 with chemo... all you need is friends

First things first! The chemo needs a name; what about chemchow! What do you all think? Any better ideas??

So the first day living with chemchow was to say the least astonishing! In all the good ways possible.

Before I go on further I must share something personal. It was the first time in my life that I cursed my nomadic life however privileged. My dotting and dotty parents gave me everything except the possibility of having life long friends. Yesterday I understood the true value of friendship.

Here I was on day 1 with chemchow dreading nausea, loosies, lack of appetite, extreme fatigue (Ranjan was always sleeping before he was diagnosed) and all the gory things that I had read about on line and in the file given by the hospital.

I was imagining having to create 3 star Michelin food within the parameters of what is allowed.

But let me tell you the best recipe for battling chemchow: a brew made of your best pals, a basket of jokes and reminiscences, and laughter. When friends left, thanks to one of them ranjan discovered the magic of iPad in zozo mode! You need an iPad, earphones and access to the movies and shows that made you laugh. It was pure unadulterated pleasure to see him laugh. Those who know his laughter will understand.

So to recapitulate Ranjan had a good day! Ate all I gave him that was far from 3* Michelin. Laughed and had a great time in between he had 2 loosies and was a little tired so had to take away iPad so that he could sleep.

On the flip side guess who had nausea, loosies and anxiety: ME!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment