Friday 26 July 2013

Night one

Ok Zozo aka Goliath you caught me unawares today. But this is the last time I assure you. I have a terrific team in my corner of the ring. Not only friends the likes of which you can NEVER have as who would love you, be there for you, care for you, pamper you and above all reveal all your secrets. But I have them starting from a wonderful doc who knows you better than you can ever imagine and above all has an arsenal to beat all you wily tricks. I have friends who are there 24/7 to stand by me and ensure your machinations and surprises are countered with laughter and joy. Then I also have a bag of ruses you do not know and master.

True I thought I knew everything about the side effects of chemo. So lesson 1: do not think you know all and be prepared for anything and everything. You will not be catch me again. I admit that the state Ranjan was yesterday when we brought him home was scary to say the least. I was taken aback when I saw him in a state I have never seen him in. He was aggressive, babbling away - that is my prerogative alone - confused, lost in time and space, uncooperative, and the exact opposite of who he is. But my wonderful doctors guided me through the episode and I beat it without having to resort to any medication. He slept and is still sleeping and I know he will wake up exorcised of you.

You are right when you say I am breaking inside and can have a meltdown. But you do not know of what steel I am made, you cannot begin to imagine my coping strategies where tears turn to ice and anger to cold hate!

You will have to break me before you can get him!

No comments:

Post a Comment