Friday 30 August 2013

The Gods do get jealous

I celebrated too fast. Three chemos down and none of the usual side effects was great encouragement particularly for Sgt Anou and her drill. But the Gods do get jealous and this morning Ranjan told me had ulcers in his mouth. Now the question that is bothering me is if this is the only side effect we will see or  will the others follow meaning all the brews and drills simply did not work. Only time will tell. The blood results were not too bad: WBCs at 3000. But there is a week to go till the next chemo and one more blood test a day before.

I guess the blisters are also a gentle reminder that Mr Hodgkin should be taken more seriously that we have been. Maybe he just wants more space. Maybe we need to alter/change arsenal and tactics. Maybe I had sunk into a comfort zone. Time to regroup and resume the attack.

Wish me luck!


2 comments:

  1. Perhaps the concoctions are helping and it would be worse without them, keep up the optimism.

    ReplyDelete