Tuesday 6 August 2013

Update and change of plan

I thought we had it planned to the T but my pal chemo wants to give me a good fight. So though Ranjan's haemoglobin is up and 8.5 now, the first upward trend since MAY 2012 his TLC has tumbled down: from 9000 when we began chemo, to 4000 last week to 2000 yesterday!  The silver lining as a dear friend says is that it shows the chemo is working. Rather radical in my humble opinion. But this mean a slight change in the plans.

By the time I got to know this it was 9.30 pm. Sent my man Friday to the chemists in the area but could not find the Grafeel injection. But God is on my side because Parul and Jef had gone to see a movie in Saket and could then buy the injection from Max hospital itself. It is sitting in the fridge and we will give it to Ranjan at 9 am. Then on Friday morning we go to Max Hospital at about 7. 30, then grab a bed as there are few and it is first come, first served, then an blood test, then if the TLC have climbed up then chemo through the veins!

After this post, I am back on the net to see how to improve the TLC counts naturally. I know the jumping works, so Ranjan will have to jump some more; then there is green tea, shitake mushrooms and let me what else.

Another day!

No comments:

Post a Comment