Tuesday 13 August 2013

TIme off

For all of those of you who worry about me, I took some time off today and indulged in some retail therapy. Ranjan's birthday tomorrow was a good excuse for me to hit the shops. Also needed a bed side lamp that would allow me to read and work in the bedroom without disturbing anyone. So found myself in Lok Nayak Bhavan and the Decon lamp shop. Brought back so many memories, some more than 40 years old. It is from the Decon shop, that we bought lighting for this very house with mama and also some furniture that is still there. Must say the experience was not as friendly as the old days when we had long chats with the owners! It was a rather cold reception but I got the lamp I wanted. Then went to Meher Chand market which is now becoming the new Khan market. In the old days there were just a few shops, one of them being a south Indian one that sold real coffee and where my father went often. I also hit the good old Tantra T shirt outlet and smiled at some of their zany T shirts and picked up 2 for the birthday boy.

On the same road, post the red light are a whole lot of new shops and eateries that I never knew existed. The reason I found them was that there is also an organic food store called Altitude that has a wide range of food stuff including quail and duck eggs! I stuck to hen eggs and also got some nice vegetables that had just arrived.

I was hoping to stop by a book shop and indulge in some browsing but it was time to get back to the drill. Must say I enjoyed my time off. Must do it more often.

Ranjan spent a quiet morning, sleeping and reading and bar a few hair that came off, he seemed in a good mood.


No comments:

Post a Comment